Company to Host Thousands for Demo Rides and Link Customers to Daily Entertainment with New Free Mobile App
July 30, 2014
MILWAUKEE, Wi - Harley-Davidson USA
Harley-Davidson® is kicking off the 74th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in the Black Hills of South Dakota with a full arsenal of activities and events that will electrify all motorcycle enthusiasts.
The highly anticipated rally runs from Saturday, August 2 through Saturday, August 9. With activities, rides and demos scheduled throughout the week, Harley-Davidson created a free mobile app to help attendees navigate all the action. Harley-Davidson will also showcase Project LiveWire, Harley-Davidson’s first electric motorcycle, along with its brand-new Street 750 motorcycle.
“This year’s Sturgis Rally is set to be the biggest one yet,” said Kris Schoonover, Manager of Event Strategy and Execution at Harley-Davidson. “We’ve got a packed schedule of events and entertainment all week long. Sturgis riders will have the chance to provide feedback on Project LiveWire and check out our brand-new Street 750, which is available at dealers now. We’re confident our fans won’t be disappointed.”
To help navigate the full week of Harley-Davidson activities, attendees can download the new free H-D mobile Sturgis event app. The app features the complete Harley-Davidson Sturgis event schedule, maps, H.O.G.® experiences, a dealer locator, plus optional push notification updates with the latest info riders need to get the most out of Sturgis. Fans can search H-D Events Sturgis on iTunes or GooglePlay to download the app, and use #sturgis to share their experiences.
Harley-Davidson also will rock two different event locations during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally – Black Hills Harley-Davidson (I-90 Exit 55, north of Rapid City) and 3rd & Lazelle Street (Downtown Sturgis) – where fans can enjoy a variety of free activities and entertainment, including:
Black Hills Harley-Davidson (I-90 Exit 55, north of Rapid City):
Fans can visit Black Hills Harley-Davidson to demo the latest and greatest Harley-Davidson motorcycles and MotorClothes®:
- Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Test Rides – Take a FREE test ride on a 2014 Harley-Davidson motorcycle, including the new Project RUSHMORE bikes, LowRider® and SuperLow® 1200T. Demo registration will close at 4:00 p.m. daily.
- Harley-Davidson MotorClothes – Try on the new jackets and even take them for a test ride! All items will be available for immediate purchase.
- H-D1 Fit Shop – Come experience the feel of a more comfortable, safer ride and find the perfect seat and handlebar combination.
- Project LiveWire – Harley Davidson’s first electric motorcycle will be on display.
3rd & Lazelle Street (Downtown Sturgis):
Those looking for a more relaxed atmosphere can head to 3rd and Lazelle Street where they’ll find a variety of free activities and entertainment:
- Project LiveWire – Feel the power of Project LiveWire – Harley-Davidson’s first electric motorcycle – on JumpStart, a simulated riding experience.
- New Motorcycle Stunt Show – Experience the thrilling stunt show three times daily (10 a.m., 1 p.m., & 4 p.m.) produced by Ill Conduct Team.
- Weber® Mobile Grill Academy – Get a first-hand look at Weber grills and accessories. Weber Experts will be there to answer any questions you may have about grills, grilling techniques, recipes, and all things grilling!
- Craftsman® Garage Station – Hang out at the Craftsman Garage and check out a variety of products perfect for anyone’s “man cave.”
- Genuine Harley-Davidson® Parts & Accessories Display – Check out the latest Harley models equipped with the full line of custom Parts & Accessories.
- H.O.G. 31st Global Lounge – Enjoy the unique historical and educational displays as well as live entertainment and complimentary samples of new H-D Road House Meats and beer samples.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) – Support the cause with the purchase of a pin and enter to win a black 2014 Street Glide!
- Willie G.® and H.O.G.® Commemorative Merchandise – Purchase exclusive 2014 Sturgis merchandise.
- Women's Area – Rebel One hosts the JUMPSTART® Rider Experience and Bike Lift Seminars on how to properly lift a dropped motorcycle. Enter the sweepstakes to win a FREE Riding Academy course or Rental.
- Free Bike Wash – Wash away all the Black Hills dust and dirt at the free bike wash from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Just bring a dirty bike and a little elbow grease.
For a complete listing of Harley-Davidson events at the 2014 Sturgis Rally, download the new mobile app or visit www.h-d.com/sturgis.
About Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson® motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's website at www.h-d.com.